We would like to welcome Marti Layden, PT, DPT to our Pelvic PT team!
Marti just completed Pelvic Floor Level 1 through Herman & Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute, and did absolutely STELLAR! Jessica and Jenna were teaching assistants for the course with the amazing Tracy Sher and Kathe Wallace. It was a fantastic weekend, and we are so thrilled to have Marti begin practicing in Spartanburg come February.
So, what does one learn at a Pelvic Floor Level 1 course? Here are some of the course objectives that Marti was able to meet:
1. Identify the muscle layers and specific muscles of the pelvic floor
2. List the pelvic floor muscle functions
3. Describe and perform pelvic floor muscle evaluation techniques with observation, vaginal palpation, and SEMG biofeedback
4. List appropriate outcome measure tools for urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain
5. List precautions, contraindications, universal precautions for pelvic floor examination and treatment
6. Identify specific pelvic pain conditions (vulvodynia, IC and CPP) and common physical therapy interventions applicable to the physical therapist
7. Identify the various types of urinary incontinence and behavioral treatment options applicable to the physical therapist
8. List two diagnoses that would benefit from applications of electrotherapy
9. Describe the applications and instrumentation parameters of SEMG biofeedback for the pelvic floor
10. Develop evidence-based treatment plans and progressive clinical goals for female pelvic floor dysfunctions
Here are some photos from the weekend! Be looking out for some great things from Marti in the future!